Short and simple, SEO is the process of improving the visibility of your web page or website by means of popular search engines such as google.com and others specific to video, academic, and image searches.
The goal is to attract attention––to coax people to your site where they’ll find products and services they can use. The higher the ranking on a search results page, the more visitors will click on your link! So how do you achieve a high ranking? By learning how search engines work, what people are searching for, and the words they type into the search box to find what they want.
Optimize Your Website By Becoming Search Engine Friendly
Following are six strategies to reach your goal:
- Research the Keywords related to your industry. The Digital Keyword Suggestion Tool can help you there.
- Choose targeted generic keywords in your file names. Example: cover letter samples, cover letter topics, nursing cover letters.
- Use sitemaps for a new website. These includeSitemap.html within a website and Google Sitemap as Sitemap.xml in xml format. To generate the xml format pick any of those available from an online sitemap generating tool. Sitemap.html page will focus on the links to the inner pages of a website. These tools will help saturate your site on the search engine databases.
- Create great content. To generate visitors and convert them to buyers you must have content that speaks to their felt needs. Search engine optimization is nothing—without great writing. Each page should have at least three text links (anchored texts) to the interior pages that are related to the subject of a page. And navigating from one page to another should be consistent, easy, and friendly. Essential pages should be linked from the index page that includes the Sitemap.html.
- Position the content perfectly. Search engines read words on a website just as people do, from top to bottom, assuming that what is at the top is more important than what is at the bottom. Greater weight is given to the first sentence.
- Submit your website to web directories. This takes time and may get tedious but it will pay off by yielding several hundred backlinks.